This website is dedicated to helping parents support their children’s mathematical development. We know we need to read with our children every day, but what should we do for math? Answer: Talk about math with them as we and they encounter numbers and shapes in our everyday lives.
What to do on this site
- Read the blog. (See the list of recent posts to the right of this page—or at bottom of the page on a mobile device.)
- Browse posts by age (See the Tags space to the right—bottom on mobile device).
- Read about relevant research (See the Categories list to the right—bottom on mobile device).
- Ask questions or send reports of your own successes and struggles on the About/Contact page (See link at top of the page).
- Subscribe to the site by clicking the box at upper right (bottom of page on mobile device). New information will come to your email automatically.
Now in book form
Talking Math with Your Kids is now available as a Kindle e-book. The book is primarily for parents of children ages 3—9 and contains lots of new, exclusive content. Buying the book will help support the work on the blog. But don’t worry, we’ll keep the blog rolling and free!