Do you accept purchase orders?
We love working with schools and others to put math toys into children’s hands. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information to get the process started:
- What you’d like to order
- Your complete shipping address
- Details on the purchase order process at your site. (For example, do you need something labeled quote or estimate instead of invoice to get thing started?)
- Name and email for the best person to contact with questions and documents.
We’ll be in touch within 2 business days with whatever paperwork you tell us you need. We can accept online credit card payments or checks drawn on U.S. banks.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We can accept checks drawn on US banks, and can issue an invoice payable by credit card.
Where and how are your products made?
Everything is made in the USA. Lots of things are made at a maker space here in Minnesota, all using domestic wood and non-toxic paints and inks; the rest is manufactured for us by a company in Vermont.
Additionally, all of our packing material is recycled.
We aim to provide beautiful, high quality, durable products made and shipped as ethically and sustainably as possible. If you have ideas or questions about this, get in touch! email@example.com
What ages are your products for?
We have playthings for all ages! Everything in the shop is great for 4–10 year olds. Older children and adults are especially likely to enjoy Tiling Turtles, Truchet Blocks, and Gallons of Pentagons. Younger children of course love the books, and coming soon are Shapes Puzzles for the smallest mathematicians.
Do you ship internationally?
We are happy to ship internationally. There are a few things to know about this:
- Payment. We prefer payment by credit card via an electronic invoice. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you’d like to order, and where you’d like it shipped. We’ll be in touch with a total that includes actual shipping costs.
- Shipping methods. UPS is usually less expensive than the postal service for international shipping. We are happy to let you know the costs for each and have you choose before issuing a final invoice for payment.
- Customs. Import tariffs are highly unpredictable. You may be charged nothing, and you may be charged as much as 20%. This is entirely up to customs in the receiving country, and we are not in control of this. If you are charged more than 20%, we are happy to refund that excess to your original form of payment—simply email a copy of any documentation to email@example.com
- Delivery times. These are also highly variable. In our experience, shipping to Canada usually takes at least a week, and can require two weeks or more to Europe and Asia. We’ll update invoices with tracking information when we ship.
What is your return policy?
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you’re not, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make it right, including accepting a return and refunding your purchase price.